The collected detritus and flotsam from my internet browsing ends up collated at www.beta57.com. Here’s what I’ve been linking to recently:
- Hacking presidential genomes for biowarfare
- How Much is Being Attractive Worth?| Smithsonian Magazine
- Blood & Treasure: child labour exposed
- No, really: Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. is really happening, and Ming-Na is in it! – Boing Boing
nothing about this is anything other than wonderful.
- LENIN’S TOMB: Meme logic
- Hey, remember when evangelicals were pro-choice because of the Bible?
- Real Cost Of A Bounced Check
- Mark Pollock: I won’t just walk again, but run (Wired UK)
- Striking new scientific study shows that scientific studies with striking results are often false – Boing Boing
- ABORTION, MEHDI HASAN, FREE SPEECH AND THE LEFT
‘No other leftie’, Hasan tweeted, ‘will dare touch this subject given the ludicrous reaction I got today.’ All I can say is that I’m glad that supporters of abortion rights have thicker skins. Some of the abuse thrown at Hasan might have been unwarranted, but it was exceptionally mild compared to the vitriol (and, indeed, violence) continually directed at abortion activists, and indeed at women wanting abortions. Replacing rational debate with emotional rhetoric has been the hallmark of much pro-life argument. If Hasan really wants to challenge those who aim to stymie free speech and cut down reasoned debate, he might begin by looking more closely at pro-life tactics. Hasan wrote the article to elicit a response. He got the response. Then to play the victim card – that was what was truly ludicrous.
This digest is produced every Mon/Wed/Fri morning. Enjoy it with your coffee!
Digest powered by RSS Digest